I generally reserve my disdain for copycats until such time as, ahem, I myself partake of that cocktail of unoriginality.
You see, Wednesday Stephanie did one of her “random monday” lists which made me laugh and so I thought to do the same here this morning as my brain is definitely operating in fits and starts and it seems perhaps the best way to shake out the broken puzzle pieces.
Just don’t expect it to be funny, or, you know, original.
1. Forrest came over yesterday and helped me make New Year’s cards (because the pile of card-making goodies had been sitting on the table for sooooo long and I was afraid I would never get them done).
2. It took us six hours.
3. Two of us. Six hours. (and I haven’t even written in messages inside each one yet!)
4. Next time I offer to make NYs cards for my wee blog readership, I might want to check my stats first and make sure there aren’t hundreds of you. Or, you know, thousands.
5. Since Wednesday, I have consumed an entire pint of Ben & Jerry’s American Dream and an entire tray of rice krispie treats.
6. Forrest did not help me with either of these activities.
7. I should feel guilty.
8. I don’t. I don’t even feel sick.
9. I have just completed my fourth cowl. I should be delighted. I made it for me, but I can’t get it over my head because when I cast off, I finished it with a neck opening the size of my wrist.
10. I should be upset about this.
11. I’m not. I don’t even care.
12. Maybe I will wear it on one arm as a giant cuff– start a new trend.
13. Add Northern Ireland and Qatar to places people are travelling from to come to squam.
14. I should be really thrilled about this.
15. And I am, I think– or nervous? Or, maybe that’s just my stomach reacting to a steady diet of ice cream, butter and cooked marshmellows?
16. I need to order new pillows. Catalogs boasting white sales are sitting on my desk and it’s a simple thing to order, right?
17. Five days have passed and I still have ordered no pillows. Help. What is wrong with me? Am I incapable of making a commitment to a pillow? Does this require professional intervention? Medication? Please advise. It just seems so hard. All I want is the perfect pillow and if it’s not perfect, I will be upset.
18. Hmmm, mystery solved.
19. This morning I woke up and before I opened my eyes I thought there was a horse lying in bed next to me and it freaked me out.
20. But it was just Henry.
21. I was kind of hoping by listing things out I would figure out what was going on in my head or find the funny.
22. I’m wrong so much of the time, you’d think I’d be used to it by now.
23. I have an apartment booked for a week in NYC in Feb, tickets booked for a week in San Francisco in March and plans for a week in Paris in April.
24. Meantime, I haven’t been to the grocery store in three days and all I brought home last time I was there was ice cream, marshmellows and gum.
25. I’m not sure I’m travel-ready.
26. And it may have been a mistake to polish off the second half of the rice krispies this morning before I had coffee.
27. #8 is coming into question.
28. I may, in fact, feel rather ill.
29. What was my word for 2011 again?
30. Oh, that’s right– beauty.