Something new and different: my Friday top ten.
10. Having a lovely neighbor come round for dinner- where we talk, nosh on platters of grilled steak, crisp cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes, drink iced grapefruit soda and then, in the deep dark of a city night that is punctuated by streetlamps and twinkle lights on people’s porches– we take the dogs for a late evening stroll down to Brown stadium where we let them off leash to explore the wet grass.
8. this thought
7.[vimeo 26105736 w=400 h=300]
5. An oldie but goodie (via lotta)
4. The fact that Henry is such a private pooper that more often than not, he buries himself so deeply into a bush or hedge to do his business that there is no way I could find what he left if I tried — so that’s one less ‘keep our city clean’ pick up for me. And, that Daisy is such a neatnik and makes it easy for me– my concern about living in the city with dogs and dealing with poop has, so far, been a non-issue.
3. via modern hepburn
2. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlRnQ2nj2gk&w=480&h=390]via the drawing board
1. At the checkout in Whole Foods yesterday, the very cute 20something cashier asks me with a smile, “Miss, would you like a copy of your receipt?”
Really, miss? not ma’am?– ohhhhh– why, yes– yes, I would.