Though I am one dog short as I type to you here. Daisy is currently at the groomers— and for anyone reading along in the Provy metro area, I am SUPER impressed with this place: Zpup.
Seriously, girls there are so pretty and kind– I wanted them to shower and groom me.
(I know, you think I’m kidding . .. but I am so not).
Before we dropped Daisy with her beauticians, before we hit the sidewalks for our stroll, this is what our scene looked like this morning.
I’m the one sitting there in the chair on the left that you can’t see cause I’m out front taking the picture– but imagine me in the chair– that’s the scene. These two are never more than two feet from my side and generally closer than that. The second most frequently asked question that I am asked about my dogs (#1 being: what kind of dog is that?” about Henry) is whether they follow me everywhere.
Answer: why yes, yes they do– veritable little partridges have I.
Honestly, come hang out here with me for a day and you will see– it doesn’t matter how inconsequential the move— if I am on the move, so are my partridges.
But enough of all that– here’s the top ten for this Friday.
10.** in celebration of today’s date, August 11, 2011 voila:
11 tips for being remarkable
8. fortuny songbird, by Ann Wood
7. To your point, absolutely intuition can and must be used as a compass to steer our inner and outer life. But it is a relationship and as such must be fostered with utmost care. It is the deepening of this relationship that can help us when contradictory voices are at work. The inner truth is always screaming the loudest, we don’t need to tune in to it as much as work on not tuning it out. A regular grounding practice is the surest way I have found for learning to listen. – Abdi Assadi
6. I know, two in the top ten from the same source, but I can’t help it– this is where I have been this week and I LOVED this piece– most especially at the very end where Elena is answering questions and says how more than “just a yogi” she is a painter, a knitter, a sewer, a crafter, a mother– hell, next she’s gonna be telling me she loves to eat rice krispie treats straight out of the pan!
5. I get really excited and happy when people I stalk have huge successes in their life that are a direct result of their genuine passion and dedication to creative pursuits and not because their intent first and foremost was to monetize or commercialize their talents.
4. Speaking of HUGE successes– there is also LAINI (who I totally stalk, but it’s okay cause she knows me) and is it possible Clementine is two? How do children do that time thing? I am always flipped out how fast they grow.
3. Am I gonna see it or not? I just hate Hollywood movies so much– but I really want to see it anyway– thoughts?
2. hey guess what? Mindy Lacefield is teaching at Serendipity Retreats and I am totally there, taking her class and two of Pixie’s and oh baby, I cannot wait! How much do I love OBX, yoga, Michelle, gatherings . . oh man, so good.
1. Providence. oh, Providence. You are making me so very happy.
Have a lovely weekend–
P.S. ** Updated to add #12 per Amy’s comment pointing out that today is the 12th and not, um, the 11th— color me perplexed. When in doubt? Take a nap . . well, that’s my m.o. anyway